Edlio Website Accessibility
ADA, WCAG, Section 504 and 508, website accessibility - these are all top of mind for many schools and districts. But what does ADA (the Americans with Disabilities Act) have to do with your website?It's all about making sure the content of your website is accessible to all visitors. Just as ADA has made it easier for those with disabilities to navigate the physical world, it also applies to how users with visual and physical disabilities access your website's content. Today, we have Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 Standards to serve as guidance for how to do just that.
Edlio is committed to providing a platform for accessible websites that meet Section 508 guidelines and Level AA conformance to WCAG 2.1.
As your CMS website platform and provider, we will work with you to ensure your website is accessible.
When thinking about a CMS platform, we know you need a partner that addresses accessibility beyond the initial launch. That's why Edlio has built-in tools for you to manage your site's content accessibility.
- Design - From color contrast to link styling, our designers create accessible designs that appeal to all.
- Accessible navigation - Users can navigate your site using their keyboards and skip to main content easily.
- Alt text setting - Allows you to require alt text be entered for media uploaded to your site.
- Video content - Automatic closed captioning and transcripts for videos uploaded to the site.
- Form builder - Automatically adds required labels, and includes instructions and error handling.
- Website accessibility policy - This recommended addition to your site helps visitors get in touch for accessibility questions.
- Accessibility guide - Online resource for your staff provides education about how to keep your site ADA-friendly.
Making Accessibility Accessible
Achieving and maintaining Web Accessibility Compliance has never been easier. Edlio is now offering the AudioEye Ally Managed Service to Edlio clients.
Add AudioEye's Ally Toolbar to your Edlio website to get:
- Fully Managed Service:
Turning on AudioEye is as simple as opting-in. Right away, the solution begins to remove access barriers that may impede access for individuals with disabilities.
- Dedicated Website Accessibility Help Desk:
24/7 support from dedicated web accessibility subject matter experts is built-in.
- Always-on Remediation Technology:
Technology that goes beyond simply telling you what's wrong. The AudioEye solution actually fixes issues and removes access barriers.
- Continuous Compliance Monitoring:
Achieves and sustains substantial conformance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA Success Criteria.
- Patented web personalization tools:
Your members--and all site visitors--are provided free access to assistive tools that are tailored to diverse needs.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please reach out to an Edlio account representative, today. Taking a proactive approach to digital inclusion is the most important step schools and districts can take to mitigate their ADA-compliance risk.