Hi, we're Edlio! We are a fast-paced software development company that is looking for a smart, energetic, supportive, and dynamic individual to join our team. We specialize in a web-based solution for thousands of schools and districts nationwide. Our web-based content management system is packed with features designed specifically for teachers and school administrators and is a perfect fit for educational organizations of any size, from small charter schools to districts with dozens of campuses.
Are you obsessed with colors, layout or typography? Are you so into innovation you may dabble in coding here and there and may even be constantly looking at design/tech blogs for inspiration? Do you strongly believe in the idea of design not just following function but beauty and overall great user experience as well? Then you may be a great fit for our Visual Designer position!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a problem solver- You like to use your skills to analyze what may or not work. You have an optimistic belief that, through research and testing, we can always improve.
- Is a team player and a lover of collaboration- You will be working with many teams in our company: Project Management, Front End Development, Client Success, Sales, Marketing, etc.
- Can talk design with designers, functionality with coders, and branding with marketing. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills that can cross into multiple departments.
- Isn’t afraid to ask why- You understand that no question is a bad question. No one knows it all, so someone with a humble and inquisitive attitude is always welcome on our team.
- Is obsessed with quality- If it isn’t right, it isn’t good enough. You take pride in delivering a high standard of work and organization. Your files and folders are labeled clearly so that they can be passed on to others without confusion or delay.
- Work with the front-end dev team and project managers to design websites based on client briefs and the capabilities of our CMS.
- Create innovative designs for our template gallery that can translate into versatile client websites.
- Collaborate with teams company-wide when design assets are needed.
- Able to manage a diverse workload and meet deadlines.
- Work within the standards of our team, with the ability to constructively critique your own work and the work of others.
Experience and skills:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Portfolio showcasing your strengths and compatible skills.
- Experience with Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Invision.
- Ability to balance independent work and collaboration within a tight team.
- Understanding of web standards including responsiveness, interactivity, and WCAG standards is a plus.
- Some level of understanding of HTML/CSS or other programming languages. CMS experience is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary + Variable Compensation Plan
- 401k w/ employer matching
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- $2,000 travel incentive
- Wellness stipend
- Employee Assistance Program