With the end of the school year comes yearbook signings and students promising to keep in touch over the summer. It's also a great time to prep your site for next year! Stay connected with teachers and parents by using these tips for teachers and admins:
- Make sure your email address is up-to-date: without an email, you can’t reset your password or receive updates from Edlio.
- Update your teacher page: when the term is over, remove old posts and page content and add a message for summer, along with any assignments and summer reading lists your students need for the summer. (Click here for a help article)
- Update your photos: still have holiday photos gathering dust on your page? The end of the year is a great time to review any shuffles on your pages. TIP: make sure you have copies saved on your computer or in cloud storage before deleting photos.
- Create next year's classes: don't wait until the night before to do this! PS - you can copy a class from an old term if your classes don't change year-to-year. (Click here for a help article)
- Stay in touch with parents over the summer: have parents subscribe to your page, and they'll get your posts and updates via email. Need ideas? Share some summer reading lists or back-to-school night information.
- Make sure your email address is up-to-date, and that everyone who uses the admin site has an email address associated with their account.
- Reset or remove your Grad Countdown after the last student walks across the field!
- Update your photo albums: this goes for admins, too! Review your photo albums and shuffles and remove any outdated photos, like those from holiday parties.
- Create a new term: admins have to set up the next year's term(s) so teachers can create their classes. (Click here for a help article)
- Keep in touch with your community: your News section is an invaluable resource! Remind parents to check back on your site frequently throughout the summer for all things school-related. And before summer starts, post ideas to keep kids busy during the summer. Parents will appreciate it!
- Make sure to keep your Calendar updated! Your Calendar will be many parents' first stop for school information, particularly when the start of the new school year draws closer.